Police FAQs

How do I report a crime?

To report a serious crime, you should dial 911 from your phone, and advise the dispatcher of what is occurring. They may give you specific instructions to follow to keep yourself safe, or will advise of police response and where to meet them. To report a parking, ordinance, or minor violation, you should call the non-emergency phone number, 412-473-3056. Calls are answered by County 9-1-1, please inform them you have a non-emergency call and they will direct you to the correct department.

How do I get a tour of the Police Department for my group?

If you belong to a group and would like a tour of the Police Department and Public Safety Building, you can call the Crime Prevention Unit, 412-351-7346, to schedule the tour. You can also arrange for a tour with the fire department to coincide with the police department tour.

How do I find out about the Megan’s Law Website?

You can go to the Pennsylvania State Police Website, http://www.psp.state.pa.us/. Click on Megan’s Law Website under the heading of PSP Services. Those who are required to register as a sexual offender, must do so through the Pennsylvania State Police.

How do I obtain a permit to solicit for my business?

Permits are issued at the Borough office after the completion of a solicitation application and payment of a $25.00 fee per week. A valid I.D. is required at time of application.

How do I obtain a permit to have amusement devices in my establishment?

You can pick up an application for an amusement device permit at the Borough office located on the 1st floor of the Forest Hill Municipal Building.

How do I get permission to park a vehicle on the street over night?

You can request special permission to park a vehicle on the street during the overnight hours by calling 412-473-3056 , between the hours of 6:00 PM and 11:00 PM, prior to parking the vehicle overnight. Permission will only be given to those persons who can not park the vehicle in their driveway due to construction, repaving, or an overnight guest and the driveway is currently filled with other vehicles. There is a limit to how often the permission is granted. Special situations requiring extended time periods, for example driveway reconstruction will be considered by calling 412-351-7346.

How do I schedule to have a block party on my street?

Permission to have a block party can be arraigned by calling the Borough office at 412-351-7330.

I am having an alarm system installed in my house, do I need a permit?

No. The Borough is not currently charging a fee; this may be subject to change in the future.

How do I get a copy of a police report?

If you are in need of an accident report your insurance company will in most cases make the request for you. Police reports other than accidents can be obtained at the Borough office located on the 1st floor of the Forest Hill Municipal Building. There is a $15.00 fee for most reports. Under no circumstances, will a juvenile’s information be released.

How do I get assistance installing a child safety seat?

An officer can inspect and install your child’s car seat by calling 412-351-7346 and making an appointment.