Public Hearing Notice:
Borough of Forest Hills Comprehensive Plan
The Borough of Forest Hills welcomes public comment on the Comprehensive Plan update during a public hearing to be held on Wednesday, February 19, 2020 at 7:00 PM in the Forest Hills Borough Building, 4400 Greensburg Pike. Call 412-351-7330 for information.
An Executive Summary of the plan can be found here. The full text of the plan can be found by clicking on the 2019 Plan tab in the menu above. Copies are available for review at the Borough office and in the C.C. Mellor Library in Forest Hills.
Forest Hills is embarking on the process of updating its 14-year old Comprehensive Plan. By state law, all municipalities must have a Comprehensive Plan, which in the past, have been long, complicated documents that often are not used, go quickly out of date, and sit on the proverbial shelf. We want a new sort of plan, one that is pragmatic, identifies important community issues, and creates a short-term implementation strategy that yields real results.
Keys to a successful comprehensive plan include:
- Create a community vision. Forest Hills should establish a simple statement of its aspirations priorities, values, and character.
- Focus on relevant priority issues. Identify Forest Hills’ problems, needs, and opportunities such as managing a highway corridor, revitalizing our business district, promoting more walking and biking, encouraging historic preservation, or creating an action plan to address climate change locally.
- Organize the planning process by priority issues. Community meetings should be work sessions to generate ideas and find solutions for the focal issues.
- Devise workable recommendations with action plans. Assign responsibility and identify who, how, and when will tasks be implemented.
- Build community ownership and commitment. It will take the whole community to implement the plan.
- In order for us to achieve success, we need the community to take part in creating a new plan. If you are interested in serving on the Steering Committee, you can volunteer! Contact Richard Fosbrink at email@example.com.