Borough Council Meetings & Committees
Council meets at 7 p.m. on the third
Wednesday of each month in council chambers (see calendar
for schedule; dates are subject to change). Click MINUTES
for business meeting minutes.
Other regularly scheduled council committee meetings occur on the first Tuesday and Thursday of each month (click calendar
for schedule; dates are subject to change)
- Borough Property, Public Works, Public Safety and Operations & Policy
- First meeting day of each month (may be first Tuesday or first
Thursday depending on which of the two occurs first in the month)
- Finance, Planning & Zoning and Committee of the Whole - Second meeting day of each month (may be first Tuesday or first Thursday depending on which of the two occurs second in the month)
Other Committees Appointed by Council
consult the calendar for schedules
(see board list below). Click the MINUTES link
for additional information.
borough seeks volunteers to serve
on committees & boards Most
terms begin on
March 1 and vary in length from 2 to 5 years. However, vacancies may open
throughout the year and volunteers are always welcome & needed.
Requirements to apply for most: must be a borough
resident and submit a letter of interest and a resume or bio to
the office. A list of committees & boards
follows. Contact the office for information or check the calendar & attend a
- Bird & Wildlife Committee
- Civil Service Commission
- Board of Appeals (UCC - Building Code)
- Environmental Advisory Council
- Neighborhood Crime Resistance Committee
- Planning Commission
- Recreation Board
- Tree & Shrub Committee
- Zoning Hearing Board
- The Community Development Corporation (CDC) handles
appointments to its board. Also, one resident is selected by
council to serve on the board for the Wilkinsburg Penn Joint Water
Authority (current term of office expires on Dec. 31, 2012).
Call the borough for dates and times of board and committee
meetings (or click calendar
) and for further information on volunteering.